This is a great potluck dish. It is easy to put together, vegan and gluten-free, and is fine being at room temperature. For extra pizzazz, line a medium sized shallow bowl with large red lettuce leaves, so they overlap each other and the edge, and pour the potato salad into it. Decorate with nasturtium blossoms or calendula petals.
Green Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup of fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbls fresh thyme leaves
- ½ tsp of maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Whir in a blender until blended a lovely green.
- 2 lbs potatoes, 1 inch cubes
- 1 cucumber, cut into ½ inch chunks
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- ½ cup parsley, roughly chopped
Cook your potatoes until fork tender. Drain in a colander, rinse with cold water, and let cool down a bit. Put the potatoes in a bowl and pour a ½ cup of the dressing on the warm potatoes and toss about to cover them. Add the scallions, cucumber, and parsley and mix. Add more dressing to suit your taste buds, and some extra salt and pepper if you like.