This is a real favorite for our family. We always make a double batch so there it some left for the next day. It’s my oldest daughter’s most requested item. Great for dinner with grilled meats, fish or makes a pleasant lunch with just a nice green salad and crusty bread.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3 tablespoons walnut or olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Optional Additions we also like:
- A few drops of hot sauce
- About a tablespoon of chopped fresh herb. Dill and parsley are my favorites with the lemon and mustard.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
In a roasting pan, toss the cauliflower with 2 tablespoons of the oil and the salt. Roast until tender and lightly browned, stirring once or twice. 15 to 20 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, half-and-half, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add the cooked cauliflower, scraping any residual caramelized bits and cooking oil into the bowl. Add the nuts and pepper, and toss to coat. Serve warm.
Makes 4 servings