High Mowing offers FREE shipping on all standard orders to the continental U.S. and Canada, regardless of the order size. We will continue to assess shipping charges for the non-contiguous U.S. and for weight-based items including garlic, potatoes, and cover crops.
Our standard order turnaround time is 2-3 business days from the date of your order to process orders. If you need your order sooner, please call us to expedite your order. We are only able to ship seeds to addresses within the United States, its territories and Canada. Unfortunately garlic, potatoes, and cover crops can only be shipped to locations within the USA.
Exceptions to Free Shipping Non-Contiguous USA Customers:
For orders shipped to AK, HI, PR, or APO addresses we base our shipping charges on the weight of your order. For current shipping rates, please see our Non-Contiguous USA Shipping Chart.
Standard shipping to Canada is free for orders under $1000. Please read about our policies related to Canadian Shipments
. For orders over $1000, we provide free FedEx shipping, but assess a 5% GST and a $28 import fee. Canadian orders under $1000 can ship via FedEx by request only, and will be charged the GST, import fees, and a $25 shipping charge.
Heavy Item Shipping Surcharge:
Certain items including cover crops, potatoes and garlic are subject to a heavy item surcharge if the item weighs over 25 lbs.
- Each individual item weighing 25lbs adds an additional $14 to the order.
- Each individual item weighing 50lbs adds an additional $28 to the order.
- Each individual item weighing 100lbs adds an additional $56 to the order.
- Each individual item weighing 250lbs adds an additional $140 to the order.
This weight surcharge is included in the price of all applicable items ordered online.
Expedited Shipping Surcharge Fee:
We can arrange to ship U.S. orders via overnight or 2-day shipping. Charges for orders sent with expedited shipping remain based on estimated actual freight but no longer include a handling fee—please call us at 802-472-6174 for a quote. Most orders placed before 1:00 p.m. EST will ship the same day. You will receive tracking info for the shipment via email.
Estimated Shipping Times
Below is a map of estimated shipping times from our warehouse in Wolcott, VT. Shipping Restrictions International Shipments At this time we are only able to ship International orders to Canada. We cannot process orders from other countries. Please read about our policies related to Canadian Shipments
. Garlic, potatoes and cover crops can only be shipped to locations within the U.S.
About Our Shipping Packaging
We have two goals in selecting the packaging to ship your seeds. One is to make sure the seed is well protected and gets to you intact. The second is to select packaging that has a small environmental footprint. We are proud to say that the paper packaging we use to mail seeds is made from recycled content and is itself completely recyclable. This is in keeping with our overall mission as a company to be good environmental stewards. From time to time our shipping department receives packages containing bubble wrap or Styrofoam peanuts. Although we don’t like the stuff either, we feel that it is best to use these packaging materials again instead of just throwing them away and using more packaging in their place. We try not to use this material for residential shipments, but rather limit the shipping of this re-used material to other businesses who may be able to use it again themselves.
Frequently Asked Questions about Shipping:
- I have a P.O. Box and a different physical address, how do I make sure my packages go to the right place? We use US Postal Service, UPS or FedEx to send your shipment, depending on the weight and location of the order. When you proceed to Check Out to pay for your purchase, you will be asked to fill in your US Mail address and then given the option to fill in a different address if your US Postal Service address does not accept FedEx/UPS. If you are sending the package to someone else as a gift, please use the customer section to fill in their shipping addresses and if their address only accepts mail or is a physical address without a mailbox. If you are placing your order by phone or fax, please make sure to give us both your mailing and physical addresses.
- Can I track the shipping of my order? We ship packages US Postal Service, FedEx and UPS. If your package was shipped via FedEx, UPS, USPS Priority or USPS 1st class parcel, a tracking number is available and will be emailed to you. We do not get tracking info for USPS letter class shipments (typically orders that weigh less than two ounces), but you will get an email that confirms when your shipment leaves our warehouse.
- I would like to have my order shipped to an address other than my billing address. Can this be done? Yes. When you proceed to Check Out to pay for your purchase, you will be given the option of entering a shipping address that is different from your billing address. It is also helpful if you type a note on the Check Out form indicating this. If you are placing your order by phone or fax, please make sure you give us both your billing address and the address you would like the seeds shipped to.
- When can I expect to receive my order? We strive to ship all orders within 1 business day. However, orders placed during our busy season (Dec – Mar) could take up to 3 business days for processing. Depending on where your order is being shipped to, it can take from 1 to 6 days in transit. Please refer to the shipping map above for estimated shipping times.
- I need the seeds right away. Can you expedite my order? Please call to make special arrangements for overnight or 2-day shipping. Expedited orders are charged the actual cost of shipping but no longer include a handling charge. Shipping costs vary widely depending on how much your order weighs and how far the seeds are traveling. Once your expedited order has shipped, we will email you tracking information so that you can track your shipment on the web. Please note that we do not offer FedEx expedited shipping to P.O. boxes, APO/FPO boxes, addresses in Canada or the U.S. Territories, or for drop-shipped items. Also, please note that while we will do our best to accommodate expedited requests, we cannot guarantee that orders placed after 1:00 pm EST will be able to ship out that day.