At High Mowing Organic Seeds, we want all of our customers to be fully satisfied with the quality of both our seed and our service. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, please let us know and we will promptly offer to replace your purchase or credit your account.
Limitation of Liability:
In keeping with the custom of the seed trade, High Mowing Organic Seeds shall not be liable for more than the purchase price of the seed. High Mowing Organic Seeds does not cover return shipping costs. All special orders are non-refundable.
Backordered and Out of Stock Items
Farming is a risky business, and sometimes unpredictable things happen. It is possible that a shipment of seeds could be delayed for reasons such as weather, test results, or other uncontrollable setbacks. If an item you want to buy is listed as “backordered” it means it is not currently available, but will be available in the future. (If an item is listed as “out of stock” it means it is not currently available and is not likely to come back into stock until next growing season. Items listed as Temporarily Out of Stock are not ready to ship, but we expect to fill existing orders for these items in the near future, based on the Return to Stock Estimated Date.) You can still place an order for backordered items, and High Mowing will contact you to let you know when they are available to ship. We try to estimate available shipping dates for backordered items whenever possible. If you have more questions about specific backordered items, please call us at (866) 735-4454.
Our shipping turnaround time for items that are packed and ready to ship is currently from 1 to 3 days of order placement. If you have already placed an order with us, it is being processed and you will receive a notification when it ships. Please note, USPS, Fedex and UPS are all experiencing an increase in delivery times due to high volume; please consult your tracking number and allow extra time for your package to arrive. For more information, we encourage you to visit our Covid-19 Frequently Asked Questions page.
FREE Shipping on orders over $25! High Mowing offers FREE shipping on orders over $25 to the continental U.S. Orders under $25 are subject to a $2.95 shipping fee.
- We are only able to ship seeds to addresses within the United States, its territories and Canada.
- We will assess shipping charges for the non-contiguous U.S. based on weight.
- Garlic, potatoes and cover crops can only be shipped within the U.S.
- Vermont customers will be charged sales tax on flowers and supplies.
- Our standard order turnaround time is 2-3 business days from the date of your order. If you need your order sooner, please call us to expedite your order.
- Orders under $1000 USD shipping to Canada are subject to a $14.95 shipping charge.
- Orders equal to or over $1000 USD will ship FedEx shipping and will incur a $50 USD shipping fee, a 5% GST and a $28 USD import fee.
- Orders under $1000 can ship via FedEx by request only, and will be charged the cost of shipping, a 5% GST, and a $28 USD import fee. Please call 866-735-4454, option 4 to request FedEx shipping if your order is under $1000 USD.
- Please note: GST and import fees cannot be collected on our website; when you place an order equal to or over $1000 USD on the web with FedEx shipping to Canada, you will receive a call from our customer service team within 1 business day to collect these charges.
- Import Duties and Taxes - In placing an order with us, you agree to cover any tariffs that are charged by the Canadian government related to the delivery of your order. In some instances, the shipping courier may require that all applicable taxes are paid before the package is delivered.
- Import restrictions limit the quantities of certain seeds that we can send without an ISTA Germ and Purity certificate.
- We can ship up to 1 lb of small-seeded crops, (i.e. lettuce and basil), and up to 10 lbs of large-seeded crops, (i.e. peas, corn and beans) without providing an ISTA Germ and Purity certificate. If your order has individual varieties in amounts above this threshold, you will receive a phone call from our customer service team within one business day to collect these charges of $10 USD per certificate.
- Questions about Canadian shipments? Please call Aaron Varadi at 866-735-4454 ext 165.
- Each individual item weighing 20 lbs adds an additional $12 to the order.
- Each individual item weighing 40 lbs adds an additional $25 to the order.
- Each individual item weighing 100 lbs adds an additional $60 to the order.
- This weight surcharge is included in the price of all applicable items ordered online.